In the event of fire damage, here are some tips of things you should should do:
- Remember to call ServiceMaster All Care Restoration of Phoenix within the first 24 hours of the fire. Corrosive fumes and soot from smoke and fire can cause permanent etching in less than 72 hours.
- If the outdoor temperature is above 60 degrees, open windows and doors to help air out your home and reduce smoke odors.
- Clean chrome, formica, aluminum and porcelain fixtures to prevent tarnishing and etching.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over important documents to capture loose soot in the air.
- Dispose of any opened packages of food.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send any clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner for thorough cleaning.
Things you should not do:
- Do not touch anything as the oil from your hands may cause additional damage by permeating walls, woodwork and upholstery.
- Do not try to wash walls as incorrect cleaning can add to any soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Have all electrical appliances checked before using them.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
For fire damage repair, Phoenix relies on ServiceMaster All Care Restoration. We offer 24 hour emergency fire damage restoration. Call 623-486-0700 or 1-877-560-9111 for immediate response.
What Our Clients Say ?
A. N. | Chester Peoria, AZ
P. J. | Chester Peoria, AZ
S. E. | Chester Peoria, AZ
Anyone who lives in an area where it rains constantly, or that is highly susceptible to flooding, understands how inconvenient it can be. Flooding can… Read More »How Quickly Does Mold Grow After Flood Damage?
The annual flu season brings with it a flurry of infectious viruses, from the common cold to the coronavirus and the flu. While infections run… Read More »Disinfection & Cleaning Services During Flu Season
The Grand Canyon State offers visitors and residents the opportunity to participate in a range of relaxing and exciting fall events. Besides taking a sojourn… Read More »Top 10 Things to Do in Arizona This Fall
We hold many CE classes with the goal of helping the insurance industry and our customers gain a more knowledge as well as gaining CE credits in the process. All CE Classes meet in Tempe, Arizona. The CE classes are informative, interactive and our are worth 3 hours of credit. For any other questions or for more information call us at 623-486-0700.
By taking one of our CE classes, we offer you an opportunity to lower your loss ratio and improve the service you provide to your insureds. The training program is designed to educate you and your staff about how to reduce the size of many of your property losses, also called loss mitigation.